1Password extension not works

binhsonnguyen
binhsonnguyen
Community Member

I use 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403001)
Chrome Version 80.0.3987.116 (Official Build) (64-bit) with 1Password Extension 4.7.5.90
Safari Version 13.0.5 (15608.5.11)

Non of their extension works, the only way I can fill my passwords is copy and paste and copy and paste and then copy and paste.

Don't tell me to install 1Password X, it is not the experience i want, it's not shortcut, not touchId, it's not 1Password, it's just LastP***.

Since it not works, it's not the best experience any more.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @binhsonnguyen!

What happens exactly when you try to use the 1Password extension in your browser? Is it greyed out? Do you not see it in your browser anymore? If you could clarify this, it would be very useful.

Don't tell me to install 1Password X, it is not the experience i want, it's not shortcut, not touchId, it's not 1Password, it's just LastP***.

You are certainly free to use the browser extension that you prefer :) In case someone else stumbles upon this discussion however, 1Password X allows you to do all of these things: you can call it with a keyboard shortcut, and you can unlock it with TouchID if you enable Desktop App Integration.

• binhsonnguyen
    binhsonnguyen
    Community Member

They're not greyout, they're just say that no any extension here. The browsers are official, the installed extension is official, the browsers placed in /Applications folder.

Ag_ana I am curious did you really used 1PasswordX, sure it has a function called "Open with keyboard shotcut", but it can not bind with the "Command + \" shotcut - thing was too familiar with us. And it does not have TouchID intergrated, in case you don't know, the last time a heard about it is in the X beta.

At last, why i need to care about 2 software on my working flow for just one function? I am use one, or neither.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@binhsonnguyen:

They're not greyout, they're just say that no any extension here. The browsers are official, the installed extension is official, the browsers placed in /Applications folder.

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), quitting Chrome completely (Cmd+Q), and then relaunching 1Password and Chrome? Did this help?

Ag_ana I am curious did you really used 1PasswordX, sure it has a function called "Open with keyboard shotcut", but it can not bind with the "Command + \" shotcut - thing was too familiar with us.

1Password X does not require a keyboard shortcut as much as the traditional extension: once 1Password X is unlocked, all you need to do is click on a login field and 1Password X will suggest your login for that website, without having to use any keyboard extension.

And it does not have TouchID intergrated, in case you don't know, the last time a heard about it is in the X beta.

It definitely has integration with Touch ID, as I wrote in my previous post. You just need to enable Desktop App Integration, which is indeed available in 1Password X Beta, as you correctly said.

At last, why i need to care about 2 software on my working flow for just one function? I am use one, or neither.

I absolutely agree, you should use one or the other, and stick with your preferred choice. We don't recommend using both at the same time :)

• binhsonnguyen
    binhsonnguyen
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), quitting Chrome completely (Cmd+Q), and then relaunching 1Password and Chrome? Did this help?

I'm even shutdown and restart computer completely. Nothing changed.

As a side, all about disscussion about 1PasswordX is a side story as the main point here is the issue about 1Password extensions that require desktop app, but:

Even 1Password X Beta could not be connected to 1Password desktop app, so the heaven about TouchId just a rosy picture. And even when it works, I am still use 2 app once time, it's not "should use one or the other, and stick with your preferred choice", no choice for me here.

1Password X does not require a keyboard shortcut as much as the traditional extension: once 1Password X is unlocked, all you need to do is click on a login field and 1Password X will suggest your login for that website, without having to use any keyboard extension.

Keyboard shortcut is what I want, not a thing "does not require".

• binhsonnguyen
    binhsonnguyen
    Community Member

At this time the extension worked again. It's seam the browsers signatures was updated, thanks dev team.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

@binhsonnguyen:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear this. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#41

• binhsonnguyen
    binhsonnguyen
    Community Member

Thanks ag_ana your patient helped me a lot.
    Have a great day :)

• @binhsonnguyen

On behalf of ag_ana you're most welcome.

• DanCaldwell
    DanCaldwell
    Community Member

Complete quit of Safari and one password has fixed it for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @DanCaldwell! I am happy to hear this :)

This discussion has been closed.