1Password.agilekeychain disappeared

Mig
Mig
edited November 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi,

Before reinstalling OS X, 1Password was working perfectly under two different logins with different data folders on the same computer.
Before reinstalling OS X, I made sure to make a backup of my computer with Time Machine, and made a second backup of my personal files by simply doing a copy paste to another external hard drive.

After having reinstalled OS X, I had no problem finding the 1Password.agilekeychain file in the Documents folder with login 1.
I then created login 2 and copied back my personal files from my external hard drive. When comes the time of looking for the 1Password.agilekeychain file, I could not find it anymore. I looked at the folder 1Password in my Documents: I have a folder called 1Password with 3 folders inside (a, config and data) and a file 1Password.html

I checked the external hard drive where I did my manual backup, can't find any trace of this 1Password.agilekeychain file.
I then used Time Machine and went backup after backup until my oldest backup, and couldn't find the 1Password.agilekeychain file: always the 1Password folder as described above, but no 1Password.agilekeychain.

After looking at your support website, I went to ~/Library/Application Support/1Password, but there is no 1Password folder there in the backup or even on the computer...

Is there another folder where I should be looking for that 1Password.agilekeychain?
Is there a possibility for me to [font=Myriad Pro, Helvetica, sans-serif]reaccess to 1Password on my login 2? Apparently my folder's data (the one in 1Password folder) has all my previous passwords there; I just don't have this [/font]1Password.agilekeychain.

[font=Myriad Pro, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you in advance for your help![/font]

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Mig! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

You filed this in the 1Password 3.8 forum, but I'm wondering if you are actually using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store). The default location of the data file is different in 1Password 3.9 due to application sandboxing:

~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain

If you were usig Dropbox syncing, the data file would be neither of those locations but rather in your Dropbox folder.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to follow the instructions here:

http://support.agile...lebits-help-you

Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
This discussion has been closed.