iPhone Only (iPad is OK) will not load Vault Etc ....after a re boot.

Options
three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member
edited February 2020 in iOS

I have described this in a long ago post. BCKG: In Security/Advanced settings I had my phone set as always needing to enter MST PWD IF device was restarted. First...Is that the std setting? Why?

However ...each time I rebooted Phone, i tried to enter my MST PW. Each time all I got was a SINGLE page that had no vaults or any data. All i can do is Cancel. Then ..after several (more than 5 )retries I Finally get the vault displayed and 1PW is back!

Then I noted in Advanced Settings there is an Option to NEVER require MST PWD. In that case PWD is ONLY needed if Face ID fails. There are several other options there ...eg after 1 hour, 1 day , 30 days etc etc
What does all that mean to me? Why would i choose ANY option other than NEVER?

I sent a screenshot of the single page and the answer was...”we dont know...”....no explanation.

Then ...after a reboot, I tried to open Vault with MST PW ...kept getting the same single page with nothing. No resolution was made by you all other than “
We dont know”

Jim B
BTW. How does one get a screenshot in 1OS13?
And then how do I include with my text?
PS I dont want to ‘force’ my error in order to send you a SShot .. Just tell me what the Advanced setting(s) mean and which one to choose and why.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Na
OS Version: OS10.10.5
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @three-cushion!

I have described this in a long ago post. BCKG: In Security/Advanced settings I had my phone set as always needing to enter MST PWD IF device was restarted. First...Is that the std setting? Why?

I think that the default behavior is to request your Master Password every 2 weeks, so you probably changed that setting to a different value some time ago.

Then I noted in Advanced Settings there is an Option to NEVER require MST PWD. In that case PWD is ONLY needed if Face ID fails. There are several other options there ...eg after 1 hour, 1 day , 30 days etc etc
    What does all that mean to me? Why would i choose ANY option other than NEVER?

For more security, and generally based on your preferences. We add more than one setting so that every user can choose what works best for them.

I sent a screenshot of the single page and the answer was...”we dont know...”....no explanation.

Can you please point me to where you sent this screenshot and where you got this answer? Thank you!

BTW. How does one get a screenshot in 1OS13?

Here is the Apple documentation page for you:

Take a screenshot on your iPhone

And then how do I include with my text?

You can upload it here in the forum by clicking on the picture icon above the text area of your reply:

Just tell me what the Advanced setting(s) mean and which one to choose and why.

We cannot tell you which one to choose because that is your personal choice. Based on the security level and usability level you want to have, you can choose stricter or less strict auto-lock times. Only you can choose the exact combination of lock times that work best for you, as in many cases it comes down to personal preference.

This discussion has been closed.