Cant migrate old account into new one

Devit
Devit
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Families

I recently purchased a family account because my old one SINGLE expired but they are both under same email. When i click get the apps and do it that wau i always keeps sayiung one those fields is incorrect but its a direct copy and paste and wont work

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.18
OS Version: windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Devit

Can you verify you are using the correct details, you did not specify where you were copying the older data. I am wondering if you may have been copying the data off of an old Emergency Kit for the older account?

• Devit
    Devit
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Old account (1a) is expired and new family account 2b is new account. BTW they are both under same email when created. trying to migrate 1a into 2b using web browser via get the app method shown here.

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

I'm stopped at step four and keep getting invalids i'm wondering if being same email account is keeping me from continuing.

1a is on web browser and 2b is on the computer app and was using the emergency kits to make sure i had the right info plugged in while trying to migrate but I get error saying one of the fields is wrong. but i know everything is right.

• Devit
    Devit
    Community Member

should i just request a refund for the family account then?

• Hi @Devit,

Both accounts need to be added to one of our native apps to do such a migration. Are you able to sign into both accounts separately at https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new ?

Ben

• Devit
    Devit
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hi Ben, I am able to log into both accounts separately

• Excellent. In that case please use the same credentials you just used on that page to add account 1a to 1Password for Windows, then move your data from account 1a to account 2b:

Move and copy items

Then you can remove account 1a from 1Password for Windows. I hope that helps!

Ben

• Devit
    Devit
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

I keep getting this error message"Your sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect. " when trying to add 1a into windows while 2b is logged in. I'm copying and pasting to take out my chance of mistyping as well. Which is my original problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Devit:

So to make sure I understand you correctly: you are able to login to both of the accounts in a browser, but you are not able to login to the Windows app when you try to use the same credentials?

• Devit
    Devit
    Community Member

Yes, I can log in on both accounts on the browser but I can't have both accounts at the same time on the windows app. Stopping me from doing the migration process.

• This is actually a known issue on Windows, @Devit, sorry about that. Not to worry, I can help you work around it, but I will need to pass along some confidential account information to do so and don't want to share that on a public forum. Could you send a quick e-mail to support+windows@1password.com with a link to this thread saying Kate asked you to e-mail in? I'm about to be away for my weekend, but mentioning me will let my teammates know to drop me a line if they're not sure what to do so we can get you sorted out. :chuffed:

• Devit
    Devit
    Community Member

Awesome! well thank you so much for the help, hope you have a good weekend.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of bundtkate, you are welcome @Devit! And I confirm we have received your email :)

In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend too :)

ref: PCK-32368-513

This discussion has been closed.