iOS 1Password Browser keyboard

liamc001
liamc001
Community Member

Hi,

This may be a bit niche but here it goes.
I use the iOS 1Password browser to access the company expenses system.
When completing form fields with numbers you get the number pad keyboard.
However this keypad does not have any decimal point key. Intuitive place for it is the bottom left corner.
Issue is only present on the inbuilt browser.
Am I doing something wrong? Or does everyone get this?

Liam.

Comments

• Hi @liamc001

The browser built into 1Password ("1Browser") isn't a solution we typically recommend anymore, except for fairly niche situations. Instead we recommend using Safari, with the iOS autofill feature, which can integrate with 1Password. Instructions on that can be found here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Hopefully that helps. It should give you a more familiar experience. :)

Ben

• liamc001
    liamc001
    Community Member

Ben,

Thanks for the quick reply. That works just fine and I appreciate the info.
    May I ask if there are any plans to have links from the 1Password iOS app open directly in a default browser other than 1Browser?
    Long pressing the link and selecting open in Safari is hardly a hardship but muscle memory is pain at times.

Liam.

• @liamc001

That's essentially the only reason 1Browser is still around. ;) Unfortunately we can't do "Go & Fill" using Safari directly. We have to use 1Browser for that. We could make links in 1Password open in Safari, instead of 1Browser, but they wouldn't have the same effect. You'd be taken to the web page, but then would have to activate autofill yourself still in order to fill any fields in.

It would be great if in the future there were a way for us to have a link open Safari, take you to the correct page, and then autofill the correct login, but that isn't currently possible with today's Safari and autofill APIs.

Ben

• liamc001
    liamc001
    Community Member

Ben,

Ah, now I understand. So its a limitation in iOS. Thanks again for highlighting the work around and keep up the good work. Marvellous product.

Liam.

• Thanks for the kind words. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.