Setting up accounts on a new phone?

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member

Just looking ahead to when I replace my current Android phone with a new one. As I recall (re) establishing Google accounts are one of the first things to have happen. Of course this will require passwords. Because of this is it the case that the 1P Android app can be set up first?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2020

[Edit: Sorry, wrong thread]

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Wrong thread I am thinking @Ben.

• Sorry about that @jmjm. I'm not sure what happened there. To answer your question... :) Personally I find that it is very helpful to memorize the password for your Apple ID / Google Account, as yes, as you mention, you'll often need these credentials to install the 1Password app. Of course if you have other devices with 1Password installed this is less of a concern, as you can look up your password in 1Password on the other device. If at all possible having 1Password on multiple devices is a pretty good idea. :+1:

Ben

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Personally I find that it is very helpful to memorize the password for your Apple ID/Google Account,

And this password you memorize has been generated by 1P? I ask as I was just about to "buff up" the pws on our google accounts...ones that could not be realistically memorized...hmm.

• And this password you memorize has been generated by 1P?

In my case it is, yes, and I only memorized it through repetition of typing it hundreds of times.

I ask as I was just about to "buff up" the pws on our google accounts...ones that could not be realistically memorized...hmm.

I generated and memorized mine before this was an option, but we do offer a "words" recipe in the password generator which can make passwords that are easier to memorize.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.