iOS Autofill seems to launch, but doesn't work (multiple iOS devices)

macdork
macdork
Community Member

I've enabled AutoFill in the iOS settings, but when I click the AutoFill button in Safari, 1Password starts to launch, but never fully unlocks/shows accounts/fills the passwords. It used to work, but hasn't worked for me in a while.

I can successfully launch the iOS app, and use FaceID to get to my passwords, and copy/paste, but .... I want the AutoFill back :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlt33r0n7jps7fi/RPReplay_Final1582720720.mov?dl=0

1Password Version: 7.4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:ios autofill

Comments

• Hi @macdork

It looks like 1Password may be crashing. If you are experiencing crashes with 1Password for iOS, first please be sure you are using the latest version:

1Password for iOS on the App Store

If you are, and are still experiencing crashes, please send us the crash logs directly. If you have a Mac, here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

Alternatively, if you do not have a Mac available:

1. Open Settings app
    2. Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage
    3. Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
    4. Locate the log for 1Password. The logs will be named in the format: 1Password__
    5. Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy
    6. Paste the copied text to Mail and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/111601/ios-autofill-seems-to-launch-but-doesnt-work-multiple-ios-devices
    as well as your forum handle.

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.' Thanks!

Ben

• macdork
    macdork
    Community Member

~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/ is empty after syncing

• macdork
    macdork
    Community Member

macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

• @macdork

Thanks for checking. In that case I'd like you to try reproducing the issue, noting the time at which it occurred, and then generate and send us a diagnostic report.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/111601/ios-autofill-seems-to-launch-but-doesnt-work-multiple-ios-devices#latest
    • Your forum username
    • The time you noted that the problem happened

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• macdork
    macdork
    Community Member

Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage

There is no DIagnostics & Usage under the Privacy menu, but there IS an Analytics & Improvements there, and in that screen, there's an Analytics Data screen that has log files starting with 1Password-, and not 1Password_, but none of them are from this year.

• Thanks @macdork. It appears we may need to update those instructions. Sorry about that. Did you see my request above regarding a diagnostic report? Hopefully that'll work better for us.

Ben

• macdork
    macdork
    Community Member

Sorry about that -- I've sent the diagnostic report, though I haven't received the BitBot reply, yet (even in my spam folder)

• @macdork

Hmm. I'm not seeing any messages in our inbox from the email address you have registered here on the forum. Could you please double check you addressed the message to support+forum@agilebits.com?

Ben

• macdork
    macdork
    Community Member

@Ben I originally sent it from a different email address. I've forwarded it to you using the same email address I used on the forum now.

• I see it now; thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.