Saving & Filling Passwords: 1Password does not automatically "Offer to Save"

ScottDHome
ScottDHome
Community Member

I have pre-existing "favorite" websites with user names & passwords. And I want to introduce these into 1Password. The support videos say 1) goto website, 2) sign-in user id & password, 3) login, 4) 1Password will generate a window and "offer to save**", 5) save login. Step #4 (Offer to save) does NOT happen!
Please, what's wrong and how can I fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @ScottDHome

Can you let us know what version of 1Password you're using? Also please let us know if you have the browser extension installed, and its version. If the extension is installed, which browser are you seeing this behavior in.

• ScottDHome
    ScottDHome
    Community Member

Thank you for responding! I'm new to 1Password, and relying on the "Support Videos" to help me visualize what top expect..
    The version is "1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002)" and I'm on a MacBook Pro, running Catalina 10.15.2. The browser is Safari.

The Support video I'm referring to is the "Use the 1Password extension to save and fill Passwords on your Mac"

• @ScottDHome

Glad to have you on board, and thank you for the details. I have seen a few occurrences where Autosave was not enabled.

Can you open 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > enable "Autosave" if it's not already on?

• ScottDHome
    ScottDHome
    Community Member

Thank you again. the "Autosave" is enabled!

• @ScottDHome

To get you going, can you manually try saving the login - https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/ That will let me know if the login is saving and then we can loop back to the autosave.

Do you have the extension enabled within Safari? It may be wise to quit Safari along with a complete quit of 1Password.

1. Quit Safari,
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely using ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Start both and attempt to save the login again.

If that fails, do you have a link that you can share with me, to check things on our end?

• ScottDHome
    ScottDHome
    Community Member

Thank you again for your help! I did as you requested(quit safari, open and force quit 1Password), and tried to save a "login"... but it would not work. Please, what "link" do you want me to send?

• @ScottDHome

Link, is the web page you are trying to save the details for. Just the web site address no password or username example gogle.com. I want to attempt a save from my end and make sure nothing is prohibiting the saving of the details.

• ScottDHome
    ScottDHome
    Community Member

OK. This is only one off theist's I'm having difficulty with! The 1Password software just seems so erratic...

https://www.schedulicity.com/account/identify

• ScottDHome
    ScottDHome
    Community Member

Try that again.. "This is only one of the site's I'm having difficulty with, The 1Password software just seems so erratic...

https://www.schedulicity.com/account/identify

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020

@ScottDHome

I was unable to get 1Password to offer to save the login. Often times this is due to how the site admins have the site coded. It is an ever changing battle. However, I was manually able to save the login, and then have it fill my test email and username.

1. Visit the site.
    2. Fill the email address. (Do not click submit or next)
    3. Click the 1Password extension icon, and in that window click the gear icon. (upper right hand corner), select New Login.
    4. Create New login is selected, Give the login a name, and make sure to click "Save Login"
    5. Back on the web page click next
    6. Fill the desired password
    7. Click the 1Password extension icon, and in that window click the gear icon. (upper right hand corner), select New Login.
    8. Make sure Update Existing login is selected, click "Update Existing"
    9. Your login is now saved.

I used fake data, there may be other steps you need to take, if you actually create a new account.

This discussion has been closed.