Credit card and identity info showing up in suggestions

Options
Naxterra
Naxterra
Community Member
edited February 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello

As title says, whenever I click on 1Password X icon in my browser, it shows my credit card info and identity info in suggestions tab. There should be only relevant login info, not others.

I have 1.18.0

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Naxterra!

Thank you for the feedback! When there is a relevant login item for the website you are on, the Login item will always be presented at the top of the list, before any other suggestion, so I hope that helps a bit. Thank you for the suggestion though!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Naxterra:

Indeed, that's how 1Password X works at the moment. I hope that the fact that the correct login item always shows at the top of the list is making this a bit less annoying for you :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We appreciate the feedback, @Naxterra. Smart suggestions are something we introduced temporarily, but it ended up sacrificing the filling speed that we have today. In the end, we pulled back on smart suggestions and opted for Credit Cards and Identities being suggested at all times. I understand it's less than ideal, and I hope we find a way to show Credit Cards and Identities only when necessary in the future. It's on our radar, and I've passed your thoughts along to the rest of my team as well.

I have found many instances where I've needed to fill my Credit Card and Identity items in the pop-up, though, so I appreciate that they're readily available for me to fill. Again, thank you for sharing your opinion with me. It's always great to see things from a different perspective.

ref: dev/core/core#620

• theremin
    theremin
    Community Member
    Options

I second @Naxterra's feedback. I don't like seeing my Identities and Credit Cards showing up on general login forms.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@theremin – Thanks for chiming in! Are you referring to inline suggestions or clicking the 1Password icon in your menu bar to open the 1Password X pop-up?

• goodbar
    goodbar
    Community Member
    Options

I agree, it makes me very uncomfortable when I click the 1password icon on the menu bar in Chrome or Firefox that the first thing that is displayed is my open and revealed CC information. Seems like a security hole for a company that is security focused.

• Arminator
    Arminator
    Community Member
    Options

While it may be a bit "uncomfortable" for some to see their Credit Card and personal information, it becomes problematic, when an unsuspecting user arrives on a Phishing site.

While 1Password will not show login credentials, as the Phising site is on a different domain than the site it's phishing for, gullible users might use the "help" from 1Password to fill in their Credit Card number and personal information, since 1Password offers it to fill out that information for their "credit card company" or "post office address confirmation" or whatever.

So I'd rather manually choose to select my personal information having to search or scroll through a list in 1Password, instead of having it offered on each and every page right away.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020
    Options

I really appreciate you sharing your opinions with me, @goodbar and @Arminator. I've passed your words along to our development team so they can take it into considerations when planning future iterations of 1Password.

I hope you have a great rest of your week!

ref: dev/core/core#620
    ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#59

• theremin
    theremin
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn Sorry for the slow response. I was referring to the inline suggestions on webpage forms, not the extension itself. Basically, I agree with what the others are saying. I'd rather only see applicable logins on the actual webpage forms.

• ++ Thank you for clarifying your request, @theremin. As Kaitlyn mentioned, this feedback has now been passed on to the development team. Let us know if there's anything else you'd like to add. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.