How do I get my 1Password 6 Extension back after trying 1Password 7?

Options
rod_eldridge
rod_eldridge
Community Member

I installed the trial version of 1Password 7, but decided to go back to 1Password 6. How do I get my 1Password 6 Extension back after trying 1Password 7?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rod_eldridge
    rod_eldridge
    Community Member
    Options

I see now that it will be impossible without reinstalling my complete system from TimeMachine or an older backup. My complaint to Agilebits is that the 1Password 7 installer should have warned the user that it would be deleted. Or better yet, not delete it in the first place. I've now lost an important feature of 1Password 6. I regret now installing the trail version of 1Password 7.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rod_eldridge! Welcome to the forum!

The browser extension is the same for 1Password 6 and 7, so you shouldn't need to reinstall anything. Unless you are trying to do this in Safari, which because of the removal of the Safari Extension Gallery by Apple cannot use the browser extension anymore. But you did not mention your browser in your posts, so it's possible that this does not relate to you, since you might be using Firefox or Chrome. In both of those cases, you don't need to do anything with the browser extension, it will continue working even if you go back to 1Password 6.

This discussion has been closed.