How can I edit saved web form details?

When logging in to AWS Console as an IAM user, the "Email address of your AWS account" input should be filled with the account ID or account number, but 1Password fills it with the value of the "username" field (according to Web Form Details pane). Then on the next page, the "account ID or alias" is filled with the "account id" field, but I'd prefer it was filled with the "account alias" instead.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

1Password Version: 1PasswordX 1.18.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1PasswordX

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dserodio! To answer the question in the title of your post, you can edit Saved Web Form Details in the 1Password for Mac desktop app. With an item selected, click the Edit button, then click View Saved Form Details.

You could try re-creating a new item within the sign in form to see if you get better results, which would leave the hard work to 1Password. Based on the behavior you described, it sounds like your item may have been saved within a different form, like the registration form for example. Here's how to create a new item on the AWS console:

1. Open up the AWS console.
    2. Either type or copy/paste your account ID or account number.
    3. Before pressing the Next button, click Save in 1Password in the 1Password X inline menu underneath the field. Be sure and select Save New Login instead of Update Saved Login. I'd add the word "new" to the title so you can distinguish it from your existing item.
    4. Click Next to move onto the next page.
    5. On the next page, repeat steps 2 and 3, but this time, select Update Saved Login and choose the item you just created.

Once you're finished creating the item, attempt to sign into the AWS Console with it and let me know if it fills any better for you.

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member

In this particular case, I didn't have to edit the saved entry, 1PasswordX 1.18.1 seems to have solved my problem.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020

@dserodio – I'm glad to hear that! The fix for the AWS filling issue is included in the 1Password X 1.18.1 release. :)

I hope you have a good rest of your week.

PS: I love your profile photo – what a happy pup. ❤️

This discussion has been closed.