Plugin unlock is very slow (10+ secs)

erhan
erhan
Community Member

I have very slow initial response if 1Password is locked when I try to use the browser plugin or the mini on the menu bar. It takes about 10 seconds for the "enter your master password" prompt/dialog to show. It's the same on all browsers (Chrome, Safari) and even when clicking the icon on the bar. All subsequent clicks are almost instant after the unlock (until the vault is locked again due to timeout).

I am using the same vault on Windows also and it doesn't have this issue - Chrome on Windows plugin pops up the dialog right away so it's not related to the vault.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: 7.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3 (19D76)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @erhan! Welcome to the forum!

Is this also happening in the 1Password for Mac desktop app, or only in 1Password mini and in the browser extension?

• erhan
    erhan
    Community Member

The desktop app takes a couple of seconds before the main password window, but I believe it's the time it takes to launch the app. The delay with the desktop app is nothing like the delay with the mini and the extension(s).

• Hi @erhan

I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I take it the computer as a whole isn't running slow, and this problem is isolated to 1Password? If that's true, then I'd like to get some reports from you. The next time this happens, where 1Password hangs, please send us a process sample and diagnostic report. First, note the time at which 1Password began to hang. Then generate a process sample:

• Open the Activity Monitor application (you can use Spotlight to find it) and search for "1Password 7"
    • Select 1Password 7 in the list and choose "Sample Process" from the Gear icon in the toolbar.
    • When it is finished, save the sample.
    • Repeat these steps for the "1Password Helper" process

Please note: the samples will only be of any help if they are captured while 1Password is hung up. If they're taken before or after that point, they're going to show everything status quo.

Once you have the samples please generate a diagnostic report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics and sample to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.
    (the diagnostics file name should be something like "1PasswordDiagnostics-yourcomputer-date.zip" and the sample should be named something like "Sample of 1Password 7.txt" - please do not try to send us the "1PasswordTroubleshooting.zip" or "1PasswordTroubleshooting.app" files that you download from our website)

With your email, in addition to the diagnostic report and sample attachments, please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/111706/plugin-unlock-is-very-slow-10-secs#latest
    • Your forum username
    • The time at which 1Password froze

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Hopefully with this information we should be able to track down the issue. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.