1Password Doesn't Update to v7.4

Options
rembleton
rembleton
Community Member

Running 1Password 7 on MacOS Catalina. 1Password doesn't update to most current version (7.4.*). "Check for Updates..." says running the latest version of 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:update to 7.4

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rembleton

This is an intentional situation that we hope to change soon, so that everyone using v7 can benefit from the latest updates. The difficulty is that there was an issue in the updater such that it isn't possible to auto-update from v7.3.2 to a newer version. We'll be pushing out a notice that folks need to manually install the update in the near future. In the mean time you can update to the latest version manually by downloading it from our website:

Best Password Manager for macOS & Safari

Ben

• rembleton
    rembleton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. The download and installation worked as expected.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. Thanks for the update. Going forward the auto-updater should work as expected. :+1:

Ben

• rembleton
    rembleton
    Community Member
    Options

Well, the update didn't do as well as expected. When I open 1Password now and double click a login item Safari is opened to the web site but 1Password does not fill in the user name and password as it did with my previous 1Password version. I am running Safari 13.0.5 and the 1Password extension installed with Safari is 7.4.3. There is a 1Password button (icon) in the Safari toolbar but clicking the button does nothing

• Ben
    Options

@rembleton

Sometimes Safari "holds on" to an older version of the extension, preventing the newer one from being loaded, which can cause the symptoms you've described. In these instances rebooting the Mac should resolve that.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• rembleton
    rembleton
    Community Member
    Options

Rebooted. Safari is now playing nicely with 1Password. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Great. :) Thanks for the update. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.