Why Dont Some Sites Allow you to Open and Auot Fill?

Some websites i have, Amercian Express for one, dont allow me to click the weblink in my 1P Application and have it open the page and auto fill the details. Why is this?

ihave 2 logins i use, one mine, one my wives. It seems the auto entry from Chrome is overriding what 1P wants to enter, andtherefore 1P doesnt enter the settigns i have?

Most sites operate as i would expect, and ope na webpage and auto fill the required entries, a few dont, and this is one.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why Dont Some Sites Allow you to Open and Auot Fill?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @andihawes08,

When you start using 1Password and install 1Password extension in the browser, we recommend switching off the built-in password manager in your browser:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

This will help you avoid conflicts between your browser and 1Password extension. Please make sure to do it as the first step.

As your second step, I would like to ask you to read this article on how you can use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC. Basically, please try to visit American Express website first, then press CTRL + \ (or CMD - \ on Mac) in order to fill your credentials with 1Password extension. Does it work?

Please let me know. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.