Bug Report - Deactivate 2FA - {OPW-3975}

I see that 7.4.750 introduced the ability to "Turn off two-factor authentication for your 1Password accounts on authorized devices via the Accounts menu".

This feature does not seem to work - instead it redirects me to the support website which details how to turn on 2FA (it's already on).

Apart from that it's a great feature-packed update. :)

P.S. I'm not a fan of the separate line at the top of the application which says the name of your vault; I'd prefer the menu options to all be on one light [personal preference].

Please support markdown in the near future, I'm used to seeing it on my Macbook and iPhone. ;)

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 1909 (18363.657)
Sync Type: Membership

Comments

• Hi @nickwaters,

Thanks for writing in.

This feature does not seem to work - instead it redirects me to the support website which details how to turn on 2FA (it's already on).

This may not be a bug with the feature but incorrect default UI.

If you unlock 1Password, do something to trigger a sync and once it is done, go to the Accounts submenu again, does it show the right status?

P.S. I'm not a fan of the separate line at the top of the application which says the name of your vault; I'd prefer the menu options to all be on one light [personal preference].

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by menu options to be all one light? Do you mean the custom titlebar we had with all menus in it?

Please support markdown in the near future, I'm used to seeing it on my Macbook and iPhone. ;)

It is definitely coming for Windows but we don't have a timeframe on this just yet.

• nickwaters
    nickwaters
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

If you unlock 1Password, do something to trigger a sync and once it is done, go to the Accounts submenu again, does it show the right status?

Yes it does, thanks.

The default UI is confusing.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by menu options to be all one light? Do you mean the custom titlebar we had with all menus in it?

That should've been "all on one line" - typo by me, sorry.

Previously I recall Line 1 (annotated) didn't exist:

However after reading the post by bundtkate I see why you needed to remove it:

That said, using our custom titlebar has caused quite a few issues in the past and breaks the system animation for minimizing, etc. It was definitely prettier, but had proven too problematic for us to keep it.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/550419/#Comment_550419

• @nickwaters,

The default UI is confusing.

Agreed, we're trying to find a better solution for this. The reason it is like this is because of the way this works, it requires a sync to determine the current MFA status. If we cache last check, then if you sleep the PC but you went to work and turn off 2FA there, than when you wake up the PC at home, the status is already wrong until it does a sync.

We may need to just disable the option until sync is done first.

However after reading the post by bundtkate I see why you needed to remove it:

Yep, hopefully, we'll bring it back in a future update with a new UI framework update that's in progress at Microsoft.

This discussion has been closed.