Please Fix 1Password...

Options

I have been using 1Password for a while now and I have absolutely loved it. Now after this new update it is very frustrating and annoying to use. The way the top bar is so annoying as the lock button is not next to the minimize and it isn't as easy. Also, when I open 1Password it opens a super small window where my cursor is instead of launching the login window in full screen. The logins take a lot longer to load in and the app crashes a lot more. Is there a way that I can downgrade to the previous version or will these things be reverted back in the future?

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I'm sorry you're not enjoying the latest update, @LittleDonutG. Hopefully, I can clear up some of the concerns. While the unlock view is now the same whether you're unlocking mini or the main app, you will still see the proper view - full desktop or mini - after unlocking depending on which you asked for. For example, if you press Ctrl + Shift + \, you'll see that universal unlock view, but after unlocking you'll see the main app because that's what that shortcut summons. Conversely, Ctrl + Alt + \ would give you mini. The full app will also show up right where you left it, just like always. It's just the lock view that's following your cursor and it should take focus right away so you can unlock quickly, particularly if you use Windows Hello as it will pop up for you right away now.

We've also changed the titlebar to use Windows' default titlebar and I will admit, I'm not a fan of the default titlebar either. When I first saw it, I'm pretty sure I said "ew" out loud. That said, using our custom titlebar has caused quite a few issues in the past and breaks the system animation for minimizing, etc. It was definitely prettier, but had proven too problematic for us to keep it. Still, we definitely do want to improve upon that long term and will absolutely take advantage of any opportunity to make it look sleeker. Windows is working on some modernization of the titlebar, as well as some other UI elements, that we hope to be able to take advantage of when they're ready. We can't say when that might be, but it's one thing we're really looking forward to as it should give us some tools to improve that look. While I know this won't be the case for everyone, I personally found the titlebar stopped jumping out at me quite so much after a while of using our internal betas. I still don't love it, but it doesn't bother me the way it did when I first saw it. Take that for whatever it might be worth and perhaps you'll feel the same given time.

The comment about load times surprises me. As you might imagine, my vaults are a giant mess of test items which means they're pretty darned big. I've personally found everything loads a fair bit quicker with this update. Is there something specific that seems slow? Icons, perhaps? Also, are you seeing this every time you unlock or was this just the first time you unlocked since updating that gave you trouble? First time might be a bit slow – there's a lot going on that very first unlock with an update of this size. If you've not locked and unlocked again, it's worth a try to see if that's all it was. After that very first unlock, loading should be super snappy.

Finally, crashes. Could you describe when you're seeing these? Do they consistently happen when you do a specific thing? One thing we saw in beta is that some folks thought 1Password was crashing when unlocking because none of us were used to the unlock view dismissing and opening a new window, but that is normal. If you're truly seeing 1Password quit unexpectedly, or seeing Windows' typical crash message – "1Password has stopped working", generally – definitely do send us a diagnostics report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

You can ship it to support+forum@1password.com and we'll take a closer look.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hello and thanks for the response! The load time issue is something that happens every time I unlock it and it says loading vault for a second to two seconds and than everything shows up so I am not exactly sure what is happening their. As far as the crashing I think I fixed as I uninstalled and reinstalled it.

• It's no trouble at all, @LittleDonutG, I hope some of it helped. Glad you sorted the crashes, but let's take a peek at those diagnostics anyway, if you don't mind. If it's every time, something is probably slowing things up, so best to see if your logs can tell us what's making 1Password unhappy and sluggish. :chuffed:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Where would I find the logs?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @LittleDonutG,

If you'd like to review the logs yourself, you can open the logs folder by opening 1Password and going to the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Show Logs.

For us, we'd love to get your diagnostics report, which is more comprehensive including your Windows version, running programs, and so on, that'll let us know what may have caused this problem. Here's the link on how to generate the report, please email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.