Microsoft edge extension

Options

Hi there i have been using 1password4 for years and decided to pay the one time payment to upgrade to 1password7. I have microsoft edge installed but i can not seem to install the extension ? I have 1password7 installed but it keeps thinking its not in the extension.

the main reason i upgraded to 1passowrd7 becasue i wanted the extension back as the older V4 does now not support these browsers older versions anymore.

so can anyone help as the site even has a edge icon to click to install it ?

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    Options

also how do you setup drop box with 1password7 as i had to use local to transfer V4 to V7 but i can not see anyting as i use an ios device so i need it to be able to syne when i change this on windows 10 or the iso device so the password match

thanks

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020
    Options

Good morning @meridius . Are you running 1Password 7.4? If yes, then legacy Edge isn't supported. What you can do is...
    1. Update to the newest Edge here, or
    2. Download and install Chrome or Firefox or Brave.

You can then download and install our extension into one of the above supported browsers here.

Thanks!

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    Options

i do have the latest edge and i have 1passowrd v 7.4.750 but i can not install the extension for edge ? i dont wan to use otehr browsers, like firefox and chrome and brave.

I bought this today becasue i was told 1passowrd4 and newer versions of the browsers are no long supported and now i upgrade eveything and pay for the new version on 1password and i still can not get the extension

I have new install of windows 10 with the latest version of edge and 1password

can you please tell how to get this to work.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020
    Options

@meridius if you have the new Edge (not the legacy Edge) then you should be able to install the extension here. Otherwise, you will need to download the new Edge here first.

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

i have version edge 80.0.361.66 (official build) 64bit

its not working, please read your reviews of the extension there seems to be alot of people with this problem ?

anyway its not working please advise, plus i have tried this on

windows 7 and windows 10 with edge and it will not or there is no option to select to install the extension

it sais in the overview window requires the 1password windows app https/1password.com/downloads

I have it installed

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@meridius please open the new Edge, then download our extension here. For your convenience, here is a knowledge base article describing the situation with Edge. Thanks!

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    Options

it works now as you failed to mention to do this

If you don’t have a 1Password account, you can install the 1Password extension. Click “Allow extensions from other stores” at the top of the page, then click Add to Chrome.

why you did not say to do this would of saved me alot of time.

• MikeT
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thanks, we'll clarify that next time for standalone licensed customers.

• Thundersnake
    Thundersnake
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,
    does it mean, Edge can only use 1PX? I have installed 1P7.4 as a Windows Desktop Version and can't get Edge extension running...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Thundersnake:

No, Edge can also use the companion browser extension.

I have installed 1P7.4 as a Windows Desktop Version and can't get Edge extension running...

Can you please elaborate a little bit? What have you tried so far, and where exactly are you getting stuck? Thank you!

• markhascole
    markhascole
    Community Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hay svondutch, I have read your answer, and I have seen that you have mention 3 secure browsers. However, I am very conscious about security. That is why I am saying this. However, Firefox is the most secure web browser, and I recommend you to install Microsoft edge extension on Firefox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing your preferences with us @markhascole :+1:

• markhascole
    markhascole
    Community Member
    Options

Hay ag_ana, It's an honor for me to be a part of this helpful community.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:)

This discussion has been closed.