To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot find a way into my account!

Options
anton_ellis
anton_ellis
Community Member

Hello,
I recently lost my phone and got a new one today. I just tried to get into my account on my phone and it asked me for my secret key. I looked up how to find it and it told me to go (on my computer) into my account page in preferences. When I did that, there was no existing account for the app, even though I have been using the app for over 2 years and have 200+ logins stored. Because of this, anyway I try to log into an account fails, so I am completely unable to access the app on my phone. I still have access to all the passwords on my computer. So, I attempted to start the process of regaining access to my account as I could not locate the Emergency Kit on my computer. When I entered the email I was sure I started the account with, it sent me an email saying that there was no account registered to that address. So I tried using every different website (different regions) with no change. I then tried the only other email address I could have used to set up the account, trying all the different websites with no luck.

Also, my app is very behind. I believe the current edition of 1Password is 7.4.4 but I am at 6.8.8. I have checked the app store for updates and found none, and my computer has automatic updates enabled.
-Anton

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot sign in

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Just from what you're saying, I'd hazard a guess you don't actually have a 1Password account.

Did you purchase a standalone license, or are you being billed on a recurring date by Agilebits?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @anton_ellis! Welcome to the forum!

I think vplewis is correct: it sounds like you don't have an account. If you have never signed up for one and activated a subscription for 1Password, you don't have an account.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

You should look into getting a 1Password subscription, so easy to use, automatic updates for all future versions and sync is automatic.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• anton_ellis
    anton_ellis
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think I have ever signed up but I purchased 1password through the app store for $60. How do I sign up without having to pay another fee?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@anton_ellis:

A 1Password account is paid with a subscription. I suggest you reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com, if there is anything they can do they will certainly be able to help :)

This discussion has been closed.