CSV export

Exporting the vault to CSV on Windows is not working. I need to export the vault from a personal account to a new family account and, in doing so, the fields are imported with generic names. The generated CSV file is a complete mess and no other application to manage passwords, like Bitwarden, can import. I am manually migrating item by item to Bitwarden because I cannot trust an application that locks my data within it.

Apparently the error is that the data export tool was designed to understand only English labels, I used 1Password in Portuguese.

You urgently need to fix the export of the safe so that other users don't have this problem. There's no turning back for me. You lost me as a customer.

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:CSV export

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dsoares! Welcome to the forum!

If you need to move 1Password data from one 1Password account to another 1Password account, there is no need to export the items to CSV format, you can just move the items directly within the 1Password app.

Just add both accounts to the 1Password app, and move items from the first account to the second one ;)

• dsoares
    dsoares
    Community Member

It didn't work either. When I was logged in to the old account I couldn't add the new account and when I was in the new account I couldn't log in to the old one, the Windows application said that the key or password was wrong. It was necessary to disconnect completely from one account to enter the other.

But even if this solution worked, it wouldn't solve the problem of the CSV file being completely useless because it makes me a hostage to 1Password since it doesn't work in any other password management application.

It is completely inconceivable for a company as reputable as you not to pay attention to this element that is so important.

Before signing up for 1Password I tested several password managers and it was always very easy to migrate my entire vault from one service to another. Now I have my data stuck in your application, having to replicate item by item manually because the exported CSV is useless.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dsoares:

It didn't work either. When I was logged in to the old account I couldn't add the new account and when I was in the new account I couldn't log in to the old one, the Windows application said that the key or password was wrong. It was necessary to disconnect completely from one account to enter the other.

Are you able to login to both these accounts separately in a browser, instead of in the 1Password app?

This discussion has been closed.