To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Transferring from Personal Account to Family

Options
Ben1PSub
Ben1PSub
Community Member

Hello 1P team,

I've been using 1P for a little over a month now and I must say that this is the best password manager I have ever used!
I have a personal account (Apple Store Subscription) and just yesterday I signed up for a Family account in 1password website. Basically, I have 2 active accounts. I'm trying to find a way to migrate my personal account to my family account. I was looking at your guides online but I don't see a guide for password migration between 2 active accounts. My personal account will end on August while my family account is under the 6 month trial period (Yubico) with 125 gift card loaded in it. Pleas help me migrate my personal account to my family account.

Regards,

Ben

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows/ IOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Ben1PSub

Thanks for the kind words! I'd be happy to help with that transition. Do you have both accounts added to one of the native 1Password apps (e.g. 1Password for Windows)? If so you can move the data from each vault in your personal account to vaults in your family account using these instructions:

Move and copy items | 1Password

Once complete you can (optionally) cancel the Apple subscription for the personal account, and then delete it:

How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Ben1PSub
    Ben1PSub
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Ben,

That did the trick! Thank you! BUT it did not copy my documents. Is there a workaround for this? I can manually migrate them but I have 50 docs in my personal account. Just looking for an easier route. Hope you can help me.

Btw, thanks for the prompt response! You guys are awesome!

Regards,

Ben

• Ben
    Options

That did the trick! Thank you! BUT it did not copy my documents. Is there a workaround for this? I can manually migrate them but I have 50 docs in my personal account. Just looking for an easier route. Hope you can help me.

At present Documents must be manually migrated. Sorry about that. :(

Btw, thanks for the prompt response! You guys are awesome!

You're very welcome! Thanks for saying so.

Ben

• Ben1PSub
    Ben1PSub
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben no problem, I just finished uploading my documents. By the way, ,might be offtopic but I noticed a delay in syncing from my 1password desktop app. All my docs/ password changes gets cached in the offline changes (Under Favorites) and syncs in few minutes.
    I just notice this after the update. Is this a new feature? I dont mind the delay but I prefer the last version's instant sync.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@Ben1PSub

I checked with our Windows team and they indicated this hasn't changed. What we're suspecting you're seeing is the fact that Documents can take a little time to upload, and so they'll show as offline changes while the upload is processing. Other changes should happen just about instantaneously if you are indeed online. :+1:

Ben

• Ben1PSub
    Ben1PSub
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

I just tested it and it applies to all the change in my desktop app. Notes, Documents and password change goes to offline change first and then gets synced in few minutes. I tested in 2 of my computers. I checked my firewall and AV for both system, none of them is blocking 1password.

This is concerning because I may lost access to my account that was updated from my other devices if the sync did not complete in my computer.

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ben1PSub:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Ben1PSub
    Ben1PSub
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_ana ,

Thanks for the follow up. The issue went away after signed out from the desktop app and re-logged in. I will let you know when I encounter the issue again.

Thanks,

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Ben1PSub. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.