Language issue if not signed in - always in English

Options

Hi,

probably this is just a small thing, but is there a reason why the the sentence "Enter your Master Password" seems to be in English always although my system is in another language (in my case: German).
If I start the browser (e.g. Firefox 74) and click on the 1password icon in the browser bar I always get the information in English language.
Wouldn't it be nice to get this information the language the plugin is installed on the system or the system language?

Thanks
Martin

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @martinwinner!

If you are using 1Password X in your browser, you have a language option directly inside the 1Password X settings. Please try setting that manually to German and see if that helps :)

• martinwinner
    martinwinner
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

@ag_ana, thanks for the reply. Of course the language is already in German/Deutsch. I checked that on two different computer (in Firefox an Chrome). The "Enter your Master Password" is in English language on all computer.

• Thank you for sending those screenshots and for clarifying, @martinwinner! I've gone ahead and filed an issue with our developers requesting that they take another look at localizing the text in the "Enter your Master Password" field on the 1Password X lock screen. I really appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. :)

• martinwinner
    martinwinner
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome - thanks for your great support @cecelia and @ag_ana

• Thank you for the kind words! We're happy to be here for you, @martinwinner :smile:

• martinwinner
    martinwinner
    Community Member
    Options

@cecelia, do you know when this bug will be fixed? At the current stable version it still exists (in different browsers - Chrome 1Password X 1.19 and Firefox 1Password X 1.19.1 at least)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020
    Options

Thanks for checking back in, @martinwinner! I was able to find the issue that Cecelia filed, but I'm afraid I don't have any updates for you quite yet. Rest assured, it's on our developers' radar, and they'll get to it as soon as they can. ❤️

ref: dev/core/core#1130

• martinwinner
    martinwinner
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn, ok, thanks for your reply. I'll keep waiting ;-)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martinwinner – No problem at all! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.