How to manage MASTER entries and reference them from others

Options
bartb
bartb
Community Member

Hello,

I am a happy user of 1Password. I am struggling however with a missing feature, which was available in other competitive software solutions.
I would like to know if there is a possibility of having all key Master entries in my vault and, if needed, only reference them as new entries, without saving the same logins and passwords again. This causes a lot of inconsistencies in my vaults and makes the management of my passwords very difficult.

An example:
I keep my XYZ account as a separate entry. I use it also to login to ABC (the same auth service, not just the same login and password!). Actually, it's exactly the same login and password, but it appears twice in my vault with a duplication of all fields. If I change my original XYZ password, this will not be propagated to the second entry, which I labelled "ABC". This forces me to keep all entries updated and managed manually (and also creates a huge number of unnecessary entries in my vault).

I used this feature heavily in KeePass, and I miss it very much in 1Password.

Any workaround? I checked the feature "Link related items" (https://support.1password.com/link-items/), but this is not the feature I am looking for.

Thank you for your help!
Bart

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bartb! Welcome to the forum!

If all these items share the same username and password, as you wrote, have you considered using a single Login item, with multiple website fields?

This discussion has been closed.