Sign out bug with 1Password X extension

Options

Hi there!

I've discovered a bug in the 1Password X Firefox browser extension. I don't necessarily know if it has any implications other than an odd screen, but I took a screenshot, and was able to duplicate it twice. If I recall correctly, I was able to make it happen on both an extension that was locked, and one that was open.

Bug description
The extension login screen gives me a message -

"Unused state that should be removed"
"Please open new-popup-handler.ts and do it!"

Steps to Reproduce
1. Right-click the extension icon (not sure if whether logged in or not)
2. Left-click the 'Settings' option
3. In the 'Settings' page, navigate to the 'Accounts and Vaults' section
4. Left-click 'Sign Out' for the account
5. Without closing the browser, left-click the extension icon
6. Attempt to sign in

Actual Result
Message appears as described above

Expected Result
Normal sign in process for a new device

Screenshot

Hope this helps!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Firefox 1.18.0, Firefox 1.18.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for taking the time to report all of this and include a screenshot @BlockchainAppliance!

That's definitely not a helpful error; Sorry you ran into that. This error is currently thrown any time use of 1Password X is attempted without any accounts signed into it. After changing a Master Password there should be a browser notification banner reminding you to sign back into your account to authorize it on 1Password X, but if that banner gets missed and the account doesn't get authorized, this error will likely be thrown next time pop-up unlock is attempted.

Our developers are aware of this and agree we need to be giving more helpful information here and have already begun working on a fix. I've gone ahead and added you as a +1 to the affected users column in the issue. Thanks again for taking the time to report this. ❤️

• BlockchainAppliance
    BlockchainAppliance
    Community Member
    Options

No worries! Just wanted to be helpful!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

And we appreciate your help @BlockchainAppliance, thank you for taking the time to report this :)

This discussion has been closed.