Have to login every time try to use

Options

I recently updated 1Password to the newest version. Using the Chrome Browser extension. Every time I try to use 1Password extension in chrome, if chrome has been closed, I have to login. I changed the settings to keep me logged in for 300 minutes. No difference. VERY ANNOYING. Can this be fixed? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.753
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: Windows 10 / Chrome
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:login

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @carens!

Every time I try to use 1Password extension in chrome, if chrome has been closed, I have to login.

This is normal behavior if you are using 1Password X. 1Password X does not communicate with the desktop application, it is an independent extension that you can use without having to install anything else separately. This also means that it will lock every time you close the Chrome browser, since it runs completely inside it.

If you would like your extension to follow the lock settings of the main app, you should use the companion browser extension instead, or upgrade to 1Password X beta so you can use the new desktop app integration feature (if you prefer to continue using 1Password X).

This discussion has been closed.