Multiple strange issues in 1Password Win 7.4.753 including DropBox sync, unable to create items

Options

I use 1Password on my iDevices and my Windows 10 PC all synced with DropBox. Has been working since V7 was first released. Today I started see multiple issues on Windows 1Password:

1) I created a new item on my iPhone but it didn't show up in 1Password for Windows. I checked and it did show up on my iPad, and there is a new Band file in the DropBox sync folder for the vault, so I'm pretty sure DropBox synced the change file, but it isn't getting imported into 1Password for Windows.

2) While I was troubleshooting that issue I checked my Personal folder in 1P for Win and found a couple of items I had created earlier (this is due to a problem I and others reported a while back where 1P Win resets the default creation vault to Personal). When I tried to move one of them to a vault synced via DropBox I got the message that 1 item was moved, but it did NOT get moved even after multiple tries.

3) I then tried to create a new Secure Note item in the DropBox-synced vault; the new item showed up but with a blank title and creation/modified dates of 12/31/1969. Only the notes section contained what I entered.

Something very odd going on here. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.4.753
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.720
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• d_thomson
    d_thomson
    Community Member
    Options

I tried updating to 7.4.754 BETA. After the update completed the items I had tried to move were now moved, and the new Secure Note item had the correct title. However, trying to move another item once again failed, and the missing sync item did not show up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @d_thomson!

Can you please try all the Dropbox troubleshooting tips in this article and see if they help?

• d_thomson
    d_thomson
    Community Member
    Options

I went through the troubleshooting tips; everything on the DropBox side is working. The more I look into this the more I think this isn't really related to sync, but is something in 1P Win. For example: I just edited an item and changed the title. Then I hit Save and the title in both the item pane and the item list is still the old title. I hit Edit again and the title in the edit pane is the one I just entered. Hit Save, the change isn't shown. I restarted 1P Win and now the item shows up with the correct name.

Another glitch: If I enter anything (even just on character) in the search box at the top of the item list it immediately says "No items for selected category and search term". But all the items are showing in the list before I enter a search. Restarting 1P Win does not help.

On another note, the item I originally saw had not synced from my iPad is now present in 1P Win.

• d_thomson
    d_thomson
    Community Member
    Options

One other note: I just repeated the test labeled 3) in my original post but in my Personal vault. This vault is NOT synced with DropBox but is attached to my 1Password account. It exhibited the same behavior (title does not show up in item pane or in list (blank) but if hit Edit title is there.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @d_thomson,

Let's investigate what is going on with 1Password on your side.

First of all, it sounds like you are using a local vault (synced via Dropbox) alongside 1Password account in 1Password 7 on your Windows PC. Is it intentional?

Secondly, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC, where you see these issues:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Let us know when you send it and we will check. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• d_thomson
    d_thomson
    Community Member
    Options

Email sent

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@d_thomson: We have received your report and get back to you via email soon. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: BSE-82124-474

This discussion has been closed.