1Password keeps going back to Read Only mode

Options
eddieb
eddieb
Community Member

I use the Brave browser, which uses Chrome extensions, as my primary browser. 1Password works great on that. Sometimes I use Safari. But it seems every time I try and use Safari, the extension is gone. Don't know why. So I reinstall it and it doesn't work. Click on the icon and nothing happens. Then if I reboot, it works, but 1Password is then in Read Only. The only way I have found to resolve this is to delete 1Password, reinstall it and apply my license token to it. Then everything is fine. But it happens all over again every time I try to go back to Safari after a week or so. I've had to go through this process 5-6 times in the last month or so, which is when this problem suddenly started occurring, and will go through it again once done with this message.

What can I do to fix this behavior once and for all?? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: 7.4.4
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @eddieb

I'm sorry you're experiencing 1Password unexpectedly entering read-only mode. The next time this problem occurs please send us a diagnostic report.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112028/1password-keeps-going-back-to-read-only-mode#latest
    • Your forum username: eddieb

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.