Options
DaBurner
DaBurner
Community Member
edited March 2020 in Mac

I am using 1P 7.4.3
and using Safari 13.0.1
on a iMac OS10.14.6
When I used 1P6, I could save frequenting used web sites in the "favorites bar" in Safari.
I would merely click on the saved web site icon in the favorites bar and the page would launch and auto fill and auto submit.
It worked perfectly for years.

Then I upgraded to 1P7 and now when I click on a saved favorite bar web site, I get a grey browser screen that asks, every time, if I will allow 1P to open this page.
I click "allow" and sometimes it auto fills only. Other times 1P mini will open and show me suggestions for this web site. This requires me to click on the correct saved web site info in 1P mini.
After that it auto fills, then have to click "log in" on that site.

I believe one tech from Agile Bits said you were working on this problem, yes ??
I have actually gone back to 1P6 on another mac because of this huge step backwards in using 1P7

1) Have you resolved this issue yet ?
2) I see no way to permanently "allow" 1P7 to open the saved web pages in preferences
3) Any suggestions because this is more work than 1P6 ever had

Thanks
Wil-

1Password Version: 7.4.3_Extension Version:4.7.3
_OS Version:_OS10.14.6
_Sync Type:icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DaBurner!

1) Have you resolved this issue yet ?

1Password 7 does not support automatic submitting of login information anymore. It can still autofill for you, but not submit it: my understanding is that Apple removed the technology that allowed us to do it in more recent versions of macOS, so only older versions can still do it.

2) I see no way to permanently "allow" 1P7 to open the saved web pages in preferences

Can you post a screenshot of the message you are seeing? I have just tried it here and it worked in my Safari, so I want to make sure I understand the message exactly. Thank you!

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

ag_ana -
    Thanks for the reply although not good news.
    If I could at least stop this annoying "allow" option would be a step in the right direction.
    I have not seen any preference to turn this off or "always allow"
    Hopefully you can instruct me

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DaBurner:

Thank you for the screenshot. Are you able to consistently make this message popup, every time? If you do, can you please let me know the exact steps that you are following to make this happen? I would like to follow the exact same procedure on my Mac and see if I can get this to happen here too.

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member
    Options

ag_ana-
    It happens on the Wells Fargo web site every time.

I have a saved "favorite Bar" icon of say, Wells Fargo' web site. This saved icon has been dragged from 1P into the "favorites Bar".
    I click on the icon and the Safari screen turns blank and all grey in color with the pop up window (above). I click "allow" web page for Wells Fargo opens up but does not fill in user name/password. I go to 1P mini and it has a drop down window with suggestions. I click on the Wells Fargo info and it fills in username/password, then I have to click on sign in.
    Yeah, wow !!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DaBurner:

Thank you. I have just tested this here, and after double clicking on my test Wells Fargo login item in 1Password, Safari opened right away and filled the credentials on the login page right away, so this should definitely work for you too.

What is the value of the website item inside your 1Password Login?

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, double clicking the Wells Fargo icon in 1P7 will launch the web site and fill in but not auto submit.
    However, that is not the problem I have been describing since I started this post.

Once again, any saved "FAVORITES BAR" icon do not operate in the manner described above.
    If this is another failure of the compatibility between Safari 13.0.1 and 1P7, that is something I would like to know ?
    You never responded to the "allow" pop up window and how I might just defeat that or always allow

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DaBurner:

Once again, any saved "FAVORITES BAR" icon do not operate in the manner described above.

They do for me. The Allow popup never appears for me, and I have tried all possible combinations of the instructions that you have provided so far. Sorry if I didn't make that clearer in my previous post.

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I guess I am just stuck with this . . .
    Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DaBurner, you are very welcome! I will keep an eye out for this in case this happens to someone else too.

This discussion has been closed.