Trouble updating 1Password

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Desktop App Not Letting Me Login.

Comments

• GlenCoco
    GlenCoco
    Community Member

1Password desktop app just failed to update for some reason and "rolled back". It would not accept my master password. After many attempts, I tried my previous master password (from 4 months ago) and it accepted that. Not cool.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GlenCoco,

This is quite strange. Could you please specify the version of 1Password you are using, 1Password 4 or 1Password 7? This is a discussion about 1Password 4, so please let us know.

• GlenCoco
    GlenCoco
    Community Member

Hi @Greg

Sorry, the 1Password for Windows version is 7.4.753
    Are you able to move it or should I start a new post?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@GlenCoco:

We moved the discussion to the correct place for you :+1:

Do you use a 1Password Membership or a standalone vault, synced with a third-party sync service such as Dropbox?

• GlenCoco
    GlenCoco
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

So, there is no issue. Sorry for the confusion.
    I had an account from work (which was cancelled) and an active personal account. They had similar Master Passwords, but the desktop app doesn't indicate (from what I recall) which account being logged in to and it was the old work account but I was entering the pw for the personal account.

Embarrassingly,
    Glen

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @GlenCoco! I am glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted out :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.