Can no longer log into my 1Password app on my iPhone (password used is good)

Options
meteor71
meteor71
Community Member

I can log into 1Password using my Mac app and the web but my iPhone app rejects that same password. I normally use Touch ID to log into my iPhone 1Password app but I changed my fingerprint last night and touch id no longer works (for now). Please help.

1Password Version: 7.4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @meteor71!

If you are able to unlock your 1Password data in 1Password for Mac and on the website, it means that your 1Password app on your iPhone is using a different primary vault. The way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

So I think that, in your case, you have an additional Primary vault in your 1Password app on your iPhone, unlike on your other devices. Do you have anything of interest in this Primary vault, or is everything you need in your 1Password account?

• meteor71
    meteor71
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. I was able to resolve the problem by deleting the iOS app and then reinstalling it. Still, at first, the reinstalled app would not let me enable Touch ID. So, in iOS, I created a second Touch ID fingerprint and saved it. Afterwards, 1Password, upon opening, magically enabled Touch ID.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @meteor71! I am glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted out.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.