To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What is the Secret Key?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Secret Key.

Comments

• mavots
    mavots
    Community Member

Speaking of "secret keys". I really have no idea what that is. Did I get one when I first bought 1Password many moons ago?
    All of a sudden Chrome (only Chrome so far) is asking for a 1Password login, including a "secret key". Without this it seems I can not use 1Password on that particular browser. Chrome is my secondary browser, after Safari, but I use it often enough that I would like 1Password extension to work in that environment. What is a "secret key" and how do I log into 1Password on Chrome??
    Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mavots! Welcome to the forum!

Did I get one when I first bought 1Password many moons ago?

Only 1Password subscribers get a Secret Key. So if you bought a 1Password license many moons ago, you did not get a Secret Key.

All of a sudden Chrome (only Chrome so far) is asking for a 1Password login, including a "secret key".

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using in Chrome? Make sure you are not using 1Password X, because that is the browser extension that is only available to 1Password subscribers, who therefore have a Secret Key.

What is a "secret key"

This article tells you what the Secret Key is:

About your Secret Key

This discussion has been closed.