Login not listed in 1Password Mini

Options
drrich711
drrich711
Community Member

I have at least 1 login which appears in iOS, and the full 1P application, but is missing from the list of logins in 1P mini. I have tried to search for it, and I come up empty. It is just missing from the alphabetical list.

Why would a login not be in Mini, when it is in the full application and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Login not listed in 1Password Mini

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@drrich711 In the Desktop app, locate the item that you're not seeing in the mini, click on the "Edit" button at the top and then:

hth

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drrich711!

I think vplewis is spot on here. Can you try those instructions and let us know if this solved it for you?

• drrich711
    drrich711
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it did, with thanks.

A comment, however. As a very long time user of your “products”, I have commented in the past that many times they seem over complex and that “features” were added which do not increase functionality but complexity and the possibility of confusion. My problem posted was an example of such a situation.

In lots of cases 1P does not fulfill it’s basic reason for existing, ie entering ID’s and passwords. It will enter an ID and not a password for example. I need to copy and paste in the password. It does not work in “frames” (whatever they are.) I have long wished that instead of bells and whistles you would perfect the basic, everyday functionality. Thanks for letting me rant.

• Ben
    Options

@drrich711

Glad to hear that helped.

The issue with frames was resolved with the inclusion of autofill support added in... iOS 11? Somewhere along there. :) It was never an issue on Mac. Thanks for the feedback. There is always a balancing act between trying to account for various use cases while keeping it simple. There is a valid argument on both sides, which is why it is such a difficult balance to strike.

Ben

• drrich711
    drrich711
    Community Member
    Options

So, if I turn on the "always suggest in browser", the login in question is first one listed in mini, out of order. I don't want to have it be "special", just listed in normal alphabetic sequence. Why is it being placed on top? How can I have it in the list in it's normal place?

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

@drrich711

The first sort priority in mini is URL. The item with the closest match to the URL you're currently viewing will be shown first. If the URLs on the items are identical... then I believe alphabetical by title is the second sort priority. Items marked as favorites are also prioritized, and will show before the closest match so long as they have a URL that matches the domain you're on (e.g. 1password.com).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.