Eliminate Kids' private vaults?? Kids only share vault with parents?

Another user posted a question that I think might be similar to mine. Theirs: "Running 1Password for Families version 7.4.758 on a Windows 10 operating system. How can I change the Vault assignment of a login from Private to Shared?"

Mine: I'm a mom of two kids and my husband started our Family account. What I want to do is that the children/minors as they sign into their 1Password accounts (within our Family account) their PRIVATE vault (by default) could be changed to be a Shared vault with me and my husband. This is because: children are minors and all of their passwords should be open to their parents. If they are storing passwords in their own private vault, then we will have a harder time managing their digital citizenry. With the child's own private vault, I have to log into their 1Password account and move all their items into another vault.*

*The other vault has to be another vault that my husband and I (as managers of our Family account) set up that is shared between the child and both parents.

What would be great is that the child's default vault is not private, but in face shared with both parents/managers of the Family account.

Please help with any workarounds, ideas, or technical info that could help me with my goals. THANK YOU!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Momof2teensUSA! Welcome to the forum!

What I want to do is that the children/minors as they sign into their 1Password accounts (within our Family account) their PRIVATE vault (by default) could be changed to be a Shared vault with me and my husband.

You can do this by changing the Default vault for saving in their 1Password apps, in the Preferences ;)

What would be great is that the child's default vault is not private, but in face shared with both parents/managers of the Family account.

While the Private vault cannot be removed, setting the Shared vault as the default vault for saving items is the closest thing to achieve what you described :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file