using 1password for windows, have followed steps to change master password but app does not recogniz

I have changed my master password in the web interface (1password.com) but my local windows app does not recognize it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:using 1password for windows, have followed steps to change master password but app does not recogniz

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited March 2020

If you sign in on the web, are you able to see all of your data, @rick_blindcatmedia? Assuming all is well there, try resetting 1Password for Windows and signing in again:

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

Is your new Master Password accepted on a fresh sign-in? What if you lock, then unlock – still accepted? Let me know what you find! :+1:

ref: XPI-41433-859

• rick_blindcatmedia
    rick_blindcatmedia
    Community Member

Hello bundtkate and thanks for your response. I am able to see all of my data if I sign in on the web.
    If I reset 1Password for Windows in the app on my laptop, will it leave my online account untouched (data saved)?

• That's correct, @rick_blindcatmedia. Resetting clears out your local database on your PC, but won't impact what you've got online whatsoever. All of that stays put. That's why I always double-check you can see everything there because if you can, we can safely reset your Windows app without any risk of losing data. :+1:

• rick_blindcatmedia
    rick_blindcatmedia
    Community Member

Thanks for your help bundtkate! All is working well now after a reset.

• I'm glad to hear it, @rick_blindcatmedia! Enjoy and stay safe out there (or, if you're under orders to stay home like me, stay safe in there :wink:)!

This discussion has been closed.