Catalina 1 site autofill appears to work but cannot log in

OogieM
OogieM
Community Member

I have 2 machines, one is on High Sierra and one is running Catalina. I do not have a membership, I use 1Password standalone and "sync" by copying the 1Password.opvault file as required for latest updates from the High Sierra machine to the Catalina machine. This works well for me since I cannot use an external/online sync per company policy.

For one particular site I continually get an error message from the site that the username or password is incorrect when using the Catalina machine and Safari version 13.0.5. I can successfully log in with the stored username and password from the High Sierra machine also running Safari 13.0.5. I can verify that the usernames and passwords are identical.

I can move the .opvault file from the Catalina machine back to the High Sierra machine and it will work so the UN and PW are stored correctly.

I am completely baffled as to why the same .opvault file fails on Catalina but works under High Sierra.

Both machines are running 1Password version 7.4.3

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @OogieM

Is the site in question, one that you can share publicly with us? Is it one that we could create a test login for?

If not, my best solution would be to create two logins and name them something like sitex.catalina and sitex.highsierra. You would need to create the respective login item on each machine to see if it alleviated the filling issue.

• OogieM
    OogieM
    Community Member

Nope I cannot share the site or info. There is no option for a test login, it's a banking site. I cannot create 2 logins it's all tied to accounts and you cannot have 2.

Problem is consistent on any machine running Catalina. I even changed the password for the login, entered it in by hand by typing it in under both High Sierra and under Catalina and that works but it does not work if I copy and paste from 1Password or try to use autofill from 1Password under Catalina but both options work under High Sierra.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@OogieM:

I cannot create 2 logins it's all tied to accounts and you cannot have 2.

I believe that my colleague Tommy meant to create two logins in 1Password, not on the banking website.

• Thanks ag_ana

@OogieM

Yes, please try saving 2 logins within 1Password, and not 2 on the banking site. Sorry for the confusion.

• OogieM
    OogieM
    Community Member

There are no logins to 1Password. I use it stand alone, not the subscription app that stores passwords on your server.

If I create a different login for that site within my 1Password file by creating a new one and storing it the behavior is the same.

• @OogieM

We're going to need the URL to the page in question to troubleshoot this further. Along with that I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac running Catalina:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112190/catalina-1-site-autofill-appears-to-work-but-cannot-log-in#latest
    • Your forum username: OogieM
    • The URL to the login page you're having trouble with

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.