New 1Pass password || Browser/mobile app know that || But 1Pass desktop app asks for old password

Options

I have changed my (master) password for 1Pass. And now my many 1Pass mobile apps as well as my browser extensions, do requested this new password. All good there.

But my desktop app still asks for my old password, even after OS restart.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

1Password Version: 7.4.59
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: 1Pass

Comments

• You might have missed a prompt to update in-app, @andx1pw. Not to worry, we can fix it up. First, make extra sure that all of your data is available on another device or in your web browser. If all is well, you can reset 1Password for Windows and sign in fresh:

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/?windows

You'll need all of your credentials when you sign in again – email, sign-in address, Secret Key, etc. – so make sure you've got those handy. After signing in again, you should find your new Master Password is accepted, but let me know if you run into trouble. :chuffed:

• andx1pw
    andx1pw
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh, this "reset all data" was something that I did not have the courage to click.

Seems strange wording. "Rest the app" or "reste credentials" seems better. Because "reset all" sounds like loosing my passwords.

Anyhow, thank you @bundtkate

• It's actually scary on purpose, @andx1pw. As a rule, we don't want folks trying this as a standard troubleshooting step and making it sound scary is one of the best ways to nudge customers away from it. In an ideal situation where your data is all synced up and everything you need is available on your other devices, it's perfectly safe, but folks don't always realize when they're not in that happy place. By discouraging this option in the UI, we have a chance to ask folks questions like what I asked you before advising that step which better ensures that you aren't any any risk of losing data as a result.

Regardless, I'm glad you were in that happy place and that you're all good to go. Stay safe out there and if I can do anything more to help, just let me know. :chuffed:

• andx1pw
    andx1pw
    Community Member
    Options

I did click it... But that only resets the local PC data.
    Is there a way to "sign out on all devices"?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andx1pw:

The closes thing you can do is to remove a specific device from your account on the 1Password.com website, but I am not aware of a way to sign out from every device at the same time.

This discussion has been closed.