why is there a Primary and a Private vault? Can they not be one?

Options
robglennie
robglennie
Community Member

I'm struggling to understand why there is a Primary vault and a Private vault? My Primary and Private vault seem to have many of the same info BUT there is a different number in each one - 460 in one and only 334 in the other! I just want 1 primary and 1 shared vault - how do I rectify this?

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:why is there a Primary and a Private vault? Can they not be one?

Comments

• @robglennie
    Primary refers to the older vault setup, before you signed up for a membership. Private refers to the vault you have after signing up for a membership.
    The Primary should have been removed as part of your migration to a membership account. For your membership you would be looking for a Private and a Shared vault.

Which vault contains the 460 items? I would compare items in each vault (Primary/Private.) If the Primary contains newer data, move that newer data to the Private. Once all of your data is in the Private vault, you can remove the Primary with these instructions. https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#mac

• robglennie
    robglennie
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks, that was clear and helpful and has resolved my issue completely

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of ag_tommy, you are welcome @robglennie! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.