Reused password alert and 1P extension issue

Naxterra
Naxterra
Community Member
edited March 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I recently added a new website to my vault (https://www.greencolagermany.de/) but I have two issues. I generated 20 digit password via 1Password and saved login.

Problems are, 1Password is saying it is reused password even though it is newly generated password via 1Password itself. Second one is, 1Password extension asked to save login when I created a new account on that web page but it only saved password, not username.

Update.
1Password saved additional login with 'Password' title, that seems to be reason for warning. Not sure why it saved as 'Password' and didn't save it as login previously.

1Password Version: 7.4.759
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• So the lack of the username is probably something 1Password didn't like about the account creation form, @Naxterra. I used to dabble in filling issues, but that ecosystem has become smarter than I am so as soon as I've dealt with your Password item question in the next paragraph, I'm going to move your thread over to the Saving and Filling category so our filling experts can weigh in. To help them out, can you tell us a bit more about this sign-up form? Is it a two-pager by chance where the username is chosen on a separate page or "locked in" before you choose a password? Anything like that?

The Password item is actually always saved just in case. They are created just in case the opposite happens and the username is saved (but not the password) or nothing is saved at all. That way, you've got a record of the password and aren't locked out of that new account. With that said, 1Password should skip flagging a password item as reused when it matches a Login item that has the same URL associated with it. It sounds like your Password item's URL doesn't match that of your Login item. There are a few reasons that could happen like the URL you were on when you generated the password being different from the URL when you submitted the account creation. It may also happen if something other than your browser was in focus when you generated the password. Based on the title (which will usually mention the URL), I'd wager the latter is what got you. Either way, if you have the password in Login item, you can delete the password item. Before you do that, though, take a quick peek at the URL for both items and let me know if they do happen to match. If they do, we might be messing something up here. :+1:

• Hey @Naxterra. Thanks for the screenshot. My German is a bit rusty, but I'm not seeing a clear username field. Is there one on that form? I do see an email address field, but it's not set up in such a way that 1Password would necessarily associate that with being the username. If you save the login on the login page rather than the registration page, then both the username and password would likely save.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Naxterra ,
    Is everything working properly after updating 1Password with the username? If not, were you able to capture the username on the login page of this website as Michael suggested above?

This discussion has been closed.