Visually impaired, using forum for first time, still adjusting to understanding how to user new Mac

hi, so sorry as this question may have already been asked and answered. im using a Mac and don't use it often as my phone is easiest for eyes in my condition of vision loss anyway but I still don't know how to do little basic things like select all to copy then paste lol.

so I have Mac OS Catalina 10,15.4. I updated just last night and do remember 1password coming up when I last used the computer maybe 3 months ago. now, im only allowed to save passwords to the keychain. and the 1password autofill is not coming up when I go to login to anything (I have to open 1pass separately and hit copy for the password then input it in whatever account im trying to log in to.

I am really sorry guys for anyone who reads this because I understand how frustrating it can be to repeatedly have to answer the same question but I did try to find other discussions lol and one I did come across was saying something about how it won't work as an extension (currently, mine is installed as an extension should I uninstall the extension?) and to go to "safari preferences" followed by clicking on "browsers"

when I click on safari next to apple logo I don't get the option "safari preferences" I just get "safari extols" and further down the drop down is "preferences"

1password is updated to the latest version.

please help and thank you in advance. im interested in hiring someone who would be willing to go through some basics with me (copy from once device to paste where I left off on another, setting up my yubikey on all accounts that allow it, understanding the Microsoft authenticator app better as I just had to do a factory reset on my device and it wouldn't let me recover my accounts backed up to cloud and how to set it up on the computer, a lot of little tedious things but I was hacked twice and one was devastation as it was sim swapping and they took an account of mine (the only platform I can use to make income to survive currently) ransom for 5k in bitcoin.

since then I've done nothing but keep up to date with technology regarding hackings and best way to prevent etc. so im easy to teach im just a very step by step person and again, I have a lot of kite things that I need help with that just time consuming!

I understand you can store 2fa codes in 1password, this im not familiar with and not sure I feel safe as it is an extra step on top of the password so if god forbid I loose access to 1password, I not only would lose my passwords but all my codes you know? im dealing with it now for the first time with Microsoft lol but im pretty sure I can just restore a back up from iCloud. im not even sure 1password sync to apple's iCloud? im pretty sure it does okay that's it im shutting up now lol. Thank you in advance, so sorry again and I know there's probably tons of typos.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 1Password 7
    Version 7.4.3 (70403002)
    1Password Store

is the version im using

• macOS Catalina
    Vaersion: 10.15.4

• MacBook Air 8,1

please help

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @lynnmedia! Welcome to the forum!

I updated just last night and do remember 1password coming up when I last used the computer maybe 3 months ago. now, im only allowed to save passwords to the keychain. and the 1password autofill is not coming up when I go to login to anything (I have to open 1pass separately and hit copy for the password then input it in whatever account im trying to log in to.

From what you are writing, it does seem like an issue with the 1Password browser extension. If you open Safari Preferences (the menu you found is the correct one, it's just called "Preferences") and go to the Browsers tab, as you mentioned above do you see the 1Password extension in the list there?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file