Recommended extension

why 1Password for firefox doesn't classify as recommended extension by Mozilla as lastpass and bitwarden.

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2020

@Omarey

From a post by @cecelia on our extensions team.

From my understanding — In a recent reevaluation, it was determined that in order to provide Firefox users with the best possible experience, a free version should be offered to maintain the Recommended status in the add-ons gallery. I can't say for sure it's something we'll do, but if we do ever add a free tier we'll be as happy as you to see the Recommended badge return!

• Omarey
    Omarey
    Community Member

Thank you for reply. I would like to inquire about two things :
    There are to types of firefox extensions, what is the differance and which is better. the second is entering master key with desktop locking, what is it good for ?. Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Omarey:

There are to types of firefox extensions, what is the differance and which is better.

1Password X is out latest browser extension, an exclusive for 1Password Membership holders. It does not communicate with the desktop application, it is an independent extension that you can use without having to install anything else separately.

If you have a Membership, I recommend giving 1Password X a try :)

the second is entering master key with desktop locking, what is it good for ?

I am afraid I did not understand this second question. Can you please clarify?

• Omarey
    Omarey
    Community Member

@ag_ana I mean when i want to enter the master key in the desktop app I see a choice " unlock with secure desktop " . Wht does it mean?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Omarey:

Secure Desktop helps you unlock 1Password on an isolated desktop where no other processes are allowed to see it, for additional security.

This discussion has been closed.