1Password Chrome extension and desktop app

I am using Google Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop. I am attempting to use 1Password. I have installed the 1Password Chrome extension. It tells me that the desktop app is required. I download the Windows app (incidentally this always defaults to the 1Password.com and never to the.eu site that I use).
I install the app (or what I think is the app) but still the Chrome extension does not work. Help please!

1Password Version: 7.4.759
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS10 V1909 18363.720
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:installing chrome extension

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rmsnelson60! Welcome to the forum!

Is this the exact error message that you see when this happens?

• rmsnelson60
    rmsnelson60
    Community Member

Afraid not. The extension asks for the desktop app to be installed. But installation fails to activate the extension.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rmsnelson60:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• rmsnelson60
    rmsnelson60
    Community Member

I have logged into my 1Password on a browser. However I can't see a 'Help' function anywhere.
    There is a Help and Support link but this merely takes me to external webpage which eventually leads me to the screenshot you gave me.
    I'm afraid I'll need a more precise description of how to generate the diagnostics report. And how do i differentiate between 1Password4 and 1Password7?

• You generate a diagnostics report within the desktop app itself. That said, if you've been using 1Password.com so far, it's possible your only issue is not having set up the desktop app as yet. Have you gone through the process described here, including signing into your account in the app?:

https://support.1password.com/get-the-apps/

If not, give that a try first. Also, it's worth noting that (desktop app required) is part of the extension name, not an error. It's there to let you know that you've installed the extension that works alongside the desktop app and will say the same thing whether or not the desktop app is installed. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.