New account. First website I go to does not ask to set up a 1Password password. Can we chat?

RobertMoll
RobertMoll
Community Member

Getting started with new account. When I went to my first website to set up a 1PW password, nothing popped up prompting me to do anything. What do I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:New account. First website I go to does not ask to set up a 1Password password. Can we chat?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RobertMoll! Welcome to the forum!

Have you installed the 1Password browser extension in your browser already, in addition to the desktop app? If 1Password did not prompt you to save your login information, making sure that the extension is installed in the browser is the first thing I recommend checking.

• RobertMoll
    RobertMoll
    Community Member

When I go to "download the companion app" it says it is included in 1Password 7. And I have the 1PW icon on my tool bar so I think the extension is installed. Correct? Thank you. Robert

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2020

@RobertMoll

It sounds like you are using Safari? If so, then yes, the extension is installed with the 1Password application.

• RobertMoll
    RobertMoll
    Community Member

Yes, I am on Safari. What do I need to do to get the 1PW to allow me to start creating and saving new passwords. Where is the password generator? Thanks. Robert

• RobertMoll
    RobertMoll
    Community Member

I can now generate and save passwords! However, when I do so the password that is saved does not give any reference to the website to which it applies. How can I get the vault to show the entity for which I have generated and saved the password? Thanks.

• Hey @RobertMoll

Hmm... When you save a password it should save the URL to the website along with it. Website logins should be saved in the Logins category, e.g.

Is that not what is happening for you? If not, this guide may help:

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

Please let me know.

Ben

• RobertMoll
    RobertMoll
    Community Member

Very helpful! Thanks very much

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.