No Face II on the new iPad 11 Pro

WolleKette
WolleKette
Community Member

I installed my new iPad 11 Pro with a Backup from my old iPad.
While there is a button for Face ID in the 1Password settings on my iPhone, the dialog on the iPad only contains a button for PIN code.
I have already deleted and reinstalled the app. Without success.
Is there a tip to activate Face ID or do I have to wait for an update?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @WolleKette

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Is Face ID enabled for unlocking the iPad itself? That would be necessary in order to use Face ID to unlock 1Password. I've seen some other cases where restoring from a backup causes some oddness with biometrics for iOS. If it is already enabled for unlocking the iPad you may need to turn that off, set it back up, and then try enabling it in 1Password.

Please let me know.

Ben

• WolleKette
    WolleKette
    Community Member

I deactivated Face ID for unlocking in the iPad settings and then deleted 1Password. Then I restart my iPad and reinstalled 1Password.
    As expected, there was no option to use Face ID in the 1Password settings. Then I activated Face ID in the iPad settings. Unfortunately there was still no Face ID option in 1Password.

Now I have deleted 1Password again and reinstall it. Remember, that this time Face ID was enabled in the iPad settings! And now, at the first start of 1Password, I was asked directly if I wanted to use Face ID.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@WolleKette

It sounds as if things may be going better for you? Please reach out if you need us.

• WolleKette
    WolleKette
    Community Member

My problem is solved. Thanks a lot

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• velgor
    velgor
    Community Member

I’m having a similar issue on my new iPad Pro. Face ID works to open the 1Password app, but nowhere else. I’m always prompted for my master password with no Face ID icon. Tried reinstalling the app and resetting Face ID but no joy. Any ideas?

• Hi @velgor

The 1Password app has to be unlocked first before autofill can use Face ID to unlock. Does this happen even when the 1Password app is unlocked?

Ben

• velgor
    velgor
    Community Member

Hi Ben, yes it happens with the 1Password app unlocked. It's working perfectly on my iPhone, but not on iPad.

• @velgor

Could you please try toggling the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Always show lock screen for password autofill option?

Ben

• velgor
    velgor
    Community Member

Got it working! Trick for me was to toggle that setting on, reboot, toggle off, and reboot again. Now I'm seeing the Face ID icon even without first unlocking the 1Password app. Very strange. Thanks for the assist!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @velgor! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.