Extension isn't working.

Options

For months I would check 1P for updates. Nothing. Yesterday I got a message saying I was several updates behind. I updated to 7.5.3 and my Chrome extension isn't working. It's saying I need the desktop app, when I press a keystroke to put sign on it opens a new tab and does nothing. I've uninstalled and re-installed the extension and it's killing my workflow presently. What do I need to do here?

1Password Version: 7.5.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.5.4
Sync Type: No clue

Comments

• branok
    branok
    Community Member
    Options

For me the same. Not working in FF (1P icon is blinking), nor in Safari ... :(

• bkord123
    bkord123
    Community Member
    Options

And the update thing was weird too. I'm OCD and check for updates several times a week for all my apps and 1P kept saying I was up to date. My machine restarted several times during that period and it still never showed an update and then yesterday it said I was several updates behind. Not sure if that's related. I'm using Chrome btw.

• Lecta
    Lecta
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm. In FF the extension icon is blinking but clicking on it doesn't work, On Safari I have no blink but the extension does not work. I also tried Chrome (It says Desktop app needed) and Opera (blinking icon but not working). Same problem. Desktop version is installed and working and it's latest version. (I also got the message to download update directly).
    Tried to reinstall extensions but no luck.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@Lecta @bkord123 @branok

Please try the following.

1. Open 1 Password desktop app
    2. Go to top menu bar: Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password Extension helper

If that fails to provide any relief to the issue, can you try these steps?

https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-already-installed/#what-you-should-do

• branok
    branok
    Community Member
    Options

"Restart 1Password Extension helper" helped, but I had to do it several times, first restart didn't help. I also restarted Safari and Firefox and reinstalled FF 1P Extension too. Now it's working in both browsers correctly ...

• bkord123
    bkord123
    Community Member
    Options

I ended up deleting the Chrome extension and re-installing it. Works fine now. I know 1P takes great pride in their app and I generally love it, but this isn't the first time an update required me to jump through hoops to get it running. Be well, everyone.

• Peter Knowles
    Peter Knowles
    Community Member
    Options

I also have made the mistake of updating to 7.5.4 and now the extension in safari (macOS Catalina) is dead, on two different computers. Also true in 7.5.BETA-0 (70500000). When the problem first showed, both the toolbar button and the hot key produce no response. On doing "Restart 1Password Extension helper" the button now flashes up the 1password app momentarily, but does not otherwise do anything obviously significant.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@Peter Knowles

Please try a restart of the Mac, that seems to be resolving most users problems. If you're still having issue's please post back.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.