Firefox extension for 1Password - Locked Icon.

Options

I've been using lastpass for several years, but i'm trialing 1password as i like the idea of having a seperate 'secret key'.

Anyway, I was using the 1password just fine for a day and then today I noticed the 1password extension icon on firefox browser has a black lock icon, and when I click it, nothing happens. No pop ups to enter my master password, and auto fill on websites are not working. i tried restarting the PC, but no luck. I tried logging in on 1Passsword Windows App, thinking maybe the brwoser extension and the PC app is in sync and that it would make the extension work in firefox. But no luck on that one either.

Can someone please help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @idanielkim! Thanks for the report. Could you let me know what version of Firefox you're running as well as the version of 1Password X?

It'd also be helpful to see what's going on in your 1Password X log while you're clicking the 1Password icon in your browser. If you wouldn't mind grabbing that for me, you can find the instructions on how to do so right here.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

• idanielkim
    idanielkim
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I forgot to mention the basic details!

Firefox version is : 74.0.1 (64bit)
    1Password extension version : 1.18.0

There's this message in the console already being displayed before I do anything, and when i recreate the issue, clicking the 1password icon and having nothing come up, no further error message were displayed.

"Could not map contract ID '@mozilla.org/sharepicker;1' to CID {1201d357-8417-4926-a694-e6408fbedcf8} because no implementation of the CID is registered."

• bertlebag
    bertlebag
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this same problem. Same browser version and same message in the Firefox debugger.

• bertlebag
    bertlebag
    Community Member
    Options

...adding to my comment above that after I added the 1Password app to Firefox, I was not taken to the web login page as I was in Chrome in what seems to have completed the process and validation in Chrome. In Firefox, after a very short pause, the black lock icon appeared. I tried reinstalling the extension several times and also logged into my 1Password vault/account on the web but that has not corrected the issue.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@idanielkim – Thanks for sharing the error message you noticed. Is that in the browser console log or your 1Password X console log? Here's how to grab your 1Password X log again, just in case.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bertlebag – I'm glad you jumped in. I'm sorry to hear you're running into the same issue, though. Would you mind taking a look at your 1Password X log as well? You can find our guide that explains how to obtain that log here. Please post the log here if you do see anything out of the ordinary, and I'll pass it along to our developers. Thank you!

• bertlebag
    bertlebag
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I figured out the issue I was having. Under Firefox Options > Privacy and Security > History I had "Never Remember History" selected. I believe this put my browser in private browsing mode. When I changed that back to the default "Remember history" the issue was resolved and I am now able to log into 1Password X. It also works fine when "Use custom settings for history" is selected and I have "Clear history when Firefox closes" selected. I hope this is helpful for others that are having this issue.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bertlebag – Ah, thanks for sharing that with us. When your browser is set to never remember your history or set to always use private browsing mode, 1Password X isn't able to access the local storage, which it needs to function properly. I'm glad to hear you ended up resolving your issue.

@idanielkim – Could you double check to see if you have either of those settings enabled? It may be an even easier solution than I originally thought. Let me know!

• idanielkim
    idanielkim
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for all your help! I've fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. :)

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@idanielkim

On behalf of kaitlyn, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.