Problems with Safari Extension in OS X 10.15.4

Options
btxcom
btxcom
Community Member

Hello,
After installing the new version 7.4.3 (70403002) in OSX 10.15.4, the extension in Safari no longer works. It is displayed, but cannot be opened. Do you know anything?
Thank you

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 7.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @btxcom! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

• btxcom
    btxcom
    Community Member
    Options

Hy ag_ana,
    unfortunately, restarting the application did not work. I rebooted the mac, now everything works.
    Thank you.

• tkk
    tkk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I am experiencing the same issue, after upgrade to ver. 7.4.3. Quitting 1Password completely and launching again didn't help. The same with restarting Safari and rebooting Mac. I have also tried re-installing 1Password app - didn't help either.

• @tkk

I personally prefer a shutdown and then restart. I find it gives everything time to stop and allow macOS time to release any holds on resources.

If that doesn't help can you try the following.

Open 1 Password desktop app
    Go to top menu bar: Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password Extension helper

• tkk
    tkk
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    Thanks for you advice. Shutting down 1Password app, then shutting down Safari and after that: rebooting a Mac solved the problem. I can now turn on 1Password extension in Safari.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @tkk! I'm glad to hear a complete reboot worked. Sorry for the inconvenience. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• douglasfenton
    douglasfenton
    Community Member
    Options

I have rebooted, quit, restarted 1password - It has not worked for me. Tried to restart the helper from help menu.
    Safari will now open when I click on a open and fill in 1password, but it does not fill.
    If I go into the Safari preferences, extensions - its blank. I click on more extensions, download 1password, but it replaces 1password with the app store version that goes into read only mode. So I reinstalled 1password, but no safari extensions. I remember similar problems when upgrading to 1password7 a long time ago.. Don't remember the solution - I use local vault, don't have an on-line account for 1password. I like my local vault (vault on iCloud drive). Might be some magic sequence of shutting down, restarting - I have not found yet ?

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@douglasfenton

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report. Please use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. douglasfenton
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/556703/#Comment_556703

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

Once we receive the report, we will be in a better position to assist you. You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.

edit: typo

• CDLinscombe
    CDLinscombe
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like I am having similar problems as @douglasfenton. Running MacOS 10.15.4 and 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003). Tried restarting, completely quitting the 1Password App, quitting and restarting Safari, Restarting 1Password Extension helper from the Help menu, shutting down the Mac and manually restarting, reinstalled the app from 1Password Website… All to no avail. Only thing I haven't done is completely deleted the app from my Mac and done a complete re-install.

• CDLinscombe
    CDLinscombe
    Community Member
    Options

As discussed by @ag_tommy in his April 21 post, I have sent a diagnostic report to support@1password.com, referencing this topic.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @CDLinscombe. I see your email with the diagnostics has been routed to our extensions team. They'll be in the best position to troubleshoot further. They should be in touch soon. :+1:

Ben

• douglasfenton
    douglasfenton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks !
    I still have the issue- I been just copy / paste from 1password to safari using the plug in. It pops the correct item up from safari using the menu within safari. Auto fill is nice, but the copy / paste not to bad. I went on a trip, got use to using it the way it is - never followed up. I use iOS now mostly. I have not gotten the MacOS version working since the last upgrade. Times change the old me would have worked until i Found a solution.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@douglasfenton:

If you change your mind, we are always available to continue the troubleshooting with you if you decide to send us the diagnostics report as per ag_tommy's instructions back in April ;)

• blauer
    blauer
    Community Member
    Options

I am having exactly the same problem as @CDLinscombe & @douglasfenton with v. 7.5. Running MacOS 10.15.4 and 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003). Tried restarting, completely quitting the 1Password App, quitting and restarting Safari, Restarting 1Password Extension helper from the Help menu, shutting down the Mac and manually restarting, reinstalled the app from 1Password Website…It keeps trying to load a new Password from App Store & even that stalls & it has locked up launchpad icon & I can't even delete. If I go into App Store it shows an incomplete download. I've deleted, restarted etc. a million times. I use a local vault, which I like, but now am very frustrated because I don't have the extension which I depend on. I'm very frustrated & since there doesn't seem to be anyway to talk to a human...I would like some help in correcting this situation. I will send a diagnostic report as instructed to @douglasfenton.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @blauer. We look forward to reviewing your diagnostic report so that we can get to the bottom of this.

Ben

• blauer
    blauer
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you....I'm anxious to get this corrected.

• Ben
    Options

I can understand that. Please be sure to post your support ID here after you send the email to support+forum@1password.com so that we can follow up.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.