Sync not available

Options
L_Ortiz
L_Ortiz
Community Member

I have 1Password on both my laptop and desk top. There is a vault created on iCloud that is not showing on my desktop version of 1password. I can not sync to it (on my desktop) as the preferences do not give me that option. In fact, I am missing a lot of options. I only have general, mini, security, accounts, watchtower, vaults, and browser.

On my laptop I noticed that new entries were being saved to the vault on iCloud so therefore can't be accessed on my personal vault which only the desktop has.

Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• L_Ortiz
    L_Ortiz
    Community Member
    Options

**On desktop I have **
    macOS Mojave
    Version 10.14.6

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.4 (70404001)

On laptop I have
    macOS Mojave
    Version 10.14.6

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.3 (70403002)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @L_Ortiz! Welcome to the forum!

It looks like you are using two different sync methods on your two computers: iCloud on one, and 1Password.com on the other. When you are using 1Password.com, the Sync option is disabled because everything happens automatically through your 1Password account, and we do not use Dropbox for that.

The easiest way to fix this situation is not to add your iCloud vault to your other computer, but it's rather to move the items that you are interested in from the iCloud vault to your Personal vault directly in the 1Password app on your laptop.

This discussion has been closed.