Auto Save Passwords

Options

Hi, I have been using Chrome password manager for years and recently bought 1password. But I find it extremely annoying I have to key in a password to save password data on my PC / Phone.. How can I save passwords automatically without 1pssword prompting to fill in my master password..

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Daand! Welcome to the forum!

1Password must be unlocked in order for it to work, since your data is stored encrypted. If it is locking too frequently for your taste, you can change the auto lock timers in the app settings.

• Daand
    Daand
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ag_ana..
    Why does it need to be unlocked to save a password? That doesnt make a lot of sense?
    Let me check the auto lock timers.. Is there any way to get less inputting of passwords? I log into multiple websites per day, and someone like my bank I don't want it showing up and when I register a new password, I don't want to have to fill out the Masterpassword and the website password.. That's just double the work.. Again Google passwords are quicker and don't require a password to save new passwords. Hope there is a solution to make the use easier. I want to have security, but easy of use is very important too, I have paid for 1 year, but if it's not easy to use, I have to look at other options.. Hope it can be simplified?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Daand:

Why does it need to be unlocked to save a password? That doesnt make a lot of sense?

Because, unlike when you were using Chrome, all your data is encrypted inside 1Password. When you unlock your 1Password app, you can add and edit data inside it. If the app is not unlocked, your data is encrypted, and so you cannot add any more information to the app.

Let me check the auto lock timers.. Is there any way to get less inputting of passwords?

Yes, if you extend the auto lock settings to the value that you prefer. In the 1Password for Windows app, you can do this by clicking on the 1Password menu > Settings > Security, in the Auto-lock section:

• Daand
    Daand
    Community Member
    Options

See here another sample. I need to put in a password, Google automatically suggests a password, why is 1Password not doing this?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi @Daand,

1Password companion extension that you use not works differently. You can learn more about this extension in this article on our website.

If you want to see 1Password prompts in the sig-in and sign-up forms, please try to remove the companion extension and install 1Password X instead. Check this out:

Get to know 1Password X

I would also recommend you to disable built-in password manager in your browser to avoid any conflicts. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.