We are just getting started; not sure what an "extension" is?

Options

In the Getting Started window, step 3, it says: After you install the 1Password apps, you can start using the 1Password extension to automatically save and fill passwords on all the sites you visit on the web.
We are not sure what the "1Password extension" is---- specifically, what is an EXENSION ?! It's probably obvious, but not getting it. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password extension

Comments

• SuzieH
    SuzieH
    Community Member
    Options

I use Microsoft Edge as my browser but can't seem to install the 1password extension when I click the Edge icon. I get an alert saying I have to install on Chrome. If I do that, do I now have to do all my web browsing on Chrome, going forward, in order to use 1Passport?

• An extension is sort of like a little app that lives in your browser, @SuzieH. Some common ones are ad blockers or things that allow you to save an article or website to read later. The 1Password extension helps you save and fill Logins in your browser.

It sounds like you may be using Legacy Edge. Microsoft recently released a new Edge that isn't fully rolled out yet that's based on Chromium, hence the mention of Chrome that you see when clicking that icon. We only support the latest Microsoft Edge. We've published a little guide that should help you make that switch so you can use 1Password in Edge here:

https://support.1password.com/kb/202003/

That should also help you get set up with 1Password in the new Edge so you can get started, but do let me know if I can do anything more to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.