1password x does not auto-submit.

1password x does not "select" the submit button on a web page. I it necessary for me to click on the submit. It used to work fine prior to 1password x, so I believe it's related to this 1password x. I have the ability to modify the HTML code used, so if I understood better what 1password x liked or didn't like, I could have the code modified so that the auto-submit would happen.

Also please note that while I have 7.4.763 1password application installed, I don't really use it.. 1password x has the "open in new window" button that launches a web version of 1password.. I use that, FYI.

Thank you so very much for any help.

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Cloud sync using 1password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BillSabatine! I believe you're referring to a feature in 1Password for Windows and the desktop-dependent 1Password (companion) extension. That'll be different from the experience in 1Password X.

As the moment, it's not feasible for 1Password X to have the ability to autosubmit, as it operates entirely in the browser and simply cannot send keystrokes. If you're missing the autosubmit feature, you're welcome to install the companion extension for the desktop app instead.

I hope that helps, but I'll be here if you have any other questions.

• BillSabatine
    BillSabatine
    Community Member

I don't understand Kaitlyn. There are other web sites where the submit works fine. It must be the type of HTML commands used, it seems to me. Is there an HTML format this works for 1password x? If autosubmit didn't work, it wouldn't work for ANY web site.

Thank you again.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@BillSabatine – I'm not sure what you mean. 1Password X doesn't automatically submit forms for you. We try out best to leave the cursor in the password field, that way you can simply hit enter, which should submit the form for you.

Could you describe what steps you're taking when a form does get autosubmitted for you? I'm hoping that'll help me point you in the right direction.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I'll see if I can find one to send you.. .seems to me I've seen it..
    Are there plans to correct this with password x at some point? It's really a step back with your product.
    Thank you so much for getting back to me.

@BillSabatine – Thanks! To quote my previous comment,

As the moment, it's not feasible for 1Password X to have the ability to autosubmit, as it operates entirely in the browser and simply cannot send keystrokes. If you're missing the autosubmit feature, you're welcome to install the companion extension for the desktop app instead.

This discussion has been closed.