Manually triggering the autofill flow from a tap in the notification shade

onepasswordusername
onepasswordusername
Community Member

Hi, I often find that the autofill window either doesn't appear, or if it appears, it goes away while i'm dealing with some other fields in that 3rd party app.

How do I manually trigger the autofill to show up again? Lastpass has an elegant way by having a minimized notification in the Notifications shade that triggers the Autofill Overlay manually when tapping. It's super useful.

And yes, I have tried manually toggling the overlay and a11y persmissions in 1password app as well as system settings. None of this takes away from a manual trigger requirement.

1Password Version: Android 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10 on an S20 (April 2020 Security Patch)
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:manually trigger autofill

Comments

• Hi @onepasswordusername. Can you elaborate a bit on this? For instance, would you be willing to share the name of the app you're having trouble with, so I can try to reproduce this?

• onepasswordusername
    onepasswordusername
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply, @peri!
    It's an intermittent bug that I've seen on Duolingo, Netflix, Kotak Mahindra, and Atom.

This doesn't take away from my main FR of allowing a manual trigger for the window.

BTW, What is the product thesis behind not doing it?
    Even if you believe reliability of the current functionality is near 100% to meet product bar, the use case of "it goes away while i'm dealing with some other fields in that 3rd party app" still stands and would require some form of manual re-invoking.

• @onepasswordusername Thanks for the update. I'm still not sure which other fields you're referring to. Are these non-login fields on the same page? With Autofill, you can long press in a login field, tap the 3 dots in the clipboard menu, and select Autofill from there to manually trigger it.

• asefoiashefou
    asefoiashefou
    Community Member

Your instructions on manually triggering autofill with the 3 dot menu is exactly what I needed! I came here to report it the same issue, having trouble logging into the Walmart app. I tried your manual steps and that indeed it does fix the problem so that I can access autofill whenever. Thank you!

• Hey @asefoiashefou, I'm so glad to hear Peri's instructions were able to help you out :)

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

This discussion has been closed.